2012 Action/Suspense Rated PG-13 165 Minutes
|In Theaters||July 20, 2012|
|On 4K UHD||December 19, 2017|
|On Blu-ray||December 4, 2012|
|On DVD||December 4, 2012|
It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.
But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality and language.
Box office gross: $448.1 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Seth Rogen's 'The Night Before' gets raunchy red-band trailer
- Spoiler Alert: The best movie clues you probably missed
- Best movies of 2014 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- The Art of the Tease: Nolan's 'Interstellar' trailer
- Monday Morning Mixer: 'Catching Fire' sparks a box office record
- Trailer for the 'RoboCop' remake is here to save us