2013 Drama Rated PG-13 142 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 10, 2013|
|On 4K UHD||October 4, 2016|
|On Blu-ray||August 27, 2013|
|On DVD||August 27, 2013|
"The Great Gatsby" follows Fitzgerald-like, would-be writer Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) as he leaves the Midwest and comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio) and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy (Carey Mulligan) and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan (Joel Edgerton). It is thus that Nick is drawn into the captivating world of the super rich, their illusions, loves and deceits. As Nick bears witness, within and without the world he inhabits, he pens a tale of impossible love, incorruptible dreams and high-octane tragedy, and holds a mirror to our own modern times and struggles.
Rated PG-13 for some violent images, sexual content, smoking, partying and brief language.
Box office gross: $144.8 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Warrior' dominates on 4K UHD
- '12 Years' wins Oscar for Best Picture, 'Gravity' grabs most
- 'Gravity' and 'Hustle' in old-fashioned Oscars tussle
- Monday Morning Mixer: S.H.I.E.L.D.'s up for an understudy MMM
- Monday Morning Mixer: 'Iron Man' is the man
- Extended first look of 'Les Miserables' is Les Magnifique!