2012 TV Series/Comedy Not Rated 390 Minutes
|In Theaters||Made for TV|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||Not Available|
|On DVD||Not Available|
From writer/director/actor Lena Dunham and comedy veterans Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner, this scripted half-hour series focuses on a group of young women in New York and their adventures in post-collegiate floundering. Hannah (Dunham) believes she wants to be a successful writer, though she has yet to complete her memoir -- she has to live it first. But when her parents cut her off financially, her New York life becomes a series of humiliating challenges. As the harsh reality of rent and bills looms, Hannah leans on her best friend and roommate Marnie, who has a real job at an art gallery and an even realer boyfriend, neither of which she can admit she might not love. Meanwhile, their gorgeous British friend Jessa, who has traveled to as many different countries as she's had "lovers," moves in with Shoshanna, her naive younger cousin. Over the course of Season 1's ten episodes, the four girls try to figure out what they want - from life, from boys, from themselves and each other. The answers aren't always clear or easy, but the search is profoundly relatable and infinitely amusing.
Mentions in News Stories
- Lightsaber evolution is a 'Star Wars' calling card
- Introducing 'Star Wars' cast member Adam Driver in two new trailers
- Best movies of 2013 that you don't know about yet: Dannette's list
- 'Argo' and 'Les Mis' are big winners at the Golden Globes
- 'Argo' and 'Les Mis' are big winners at Golden Globes
- Monday Morning Mixer: No bustin' for this 'Ghostbuster'