|In Theaters||July 11, 2014|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||January 6, 2015|
|On DVD||January 6, 2015|
Filmed over short periods from 2002 to 2013, Boyhood is a groundbreaking cinematic experience covering 12 years in the life of a family. At the center is Mason, who with his sister Samantha, are taken on an emotional and transcendent journey through the years, from childhood to adulthood.
Rated R for language including sexual references, and for teen drug and alcohol use.
Box office gross: $25.3 million. View box office history.
Released by Paramount and IFC Films. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Best movies of 2016 that you don't know about yet: John's list
- 'Everybody Wants Some' trailer: Richard Linklater takes 'Dazed and Confused' to college
- 'Birdman' soars high at the Oscars
- 'Boyhood' and 'Birdman' lead this year's Oscar nominations
- 'Boyhood' is all grown up with Golden Globes wins
- Monday Mixer: Is Lando returning to 'Star Wars'?