2007 Action/War Rated R 117 Minutes
|In Theaters||March 9, 2007|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||July 31, 2007|
|On DVD||July 31, 2007|
Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, 300 is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for democracy. The film brings Miller's acclaimed graphic novel to life by combining live action with virtual backgrounds that capture his distinct vision of this ancient historic tale.
Rated R for graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity.
Box office gross: $210.6 million. View box office history.
Released by Warner Bros. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'The Scribbler' is a mind-melting good time
- Oceans of blood gush from '300' sequel trailer
- New posters for the Butler/Foxx revenge flick 'Law Abiding Citizen'
- Turtle Power! TMNT hits 25, announces new movie
- Techradar's '50 Blu-ray movies for every hi-def fan' list misses quite a few
- And the winner for the Best Movie Poster of 2008 goes to...