2009 Comedy/Family Rated PG 94 Minutes
|In Theaters||March 27, 2009|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||September 29, 2009|
|On DVD||September 29, 2009|
When Susan Murphy is unexpectedly clobbered by a meteor full of outer space gunk, she mysteriously grows to 49-feet-11-inches tall and is instantly labeled a “Monster” named Ginormica. The military jumps into action, and she is captured and held in a secret government compound filled with other “monsters” like herself.
This ragtag group consists of the brilliant but insect-headed Dr. Cockroach, P.H.D.; the macho half-Ape-half-fish The Missing Link; the gelatinous and indestructible B.O.B.; and the 350-foot grub called Insectosaurus. Their confinement time is cut short however, when a mysterious alien robot lands on Earth and the motley crew of Monsters is called into action to save the world from imminent destruction.
Rated PG for sci-fi action, some crude humor and mild language.
Box office gross: $198.3 million. View box office history.
Released by DreamWorks. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: 'Condorito' makes well-meaning leap to big screen
- Best movies of 2010 that you don't know about yet: Tim's list
- 'Chipmunks,' 'Tinker Bell' are surprises up for Oscars' Best Animated Feature
- USA Today's new photos from 'Where the Wild Things Are'
- We boldly predict the top 10 movies to come out this year
- Super Bowl movie spots miss their mark